Skillet Chicken Fajitas are a great colorful dish perfect for lunch or dinner. Thin slices of marinated chicken with colorful peppers and thin onion strips, cooked quickly in a hot skillet and served immediately with warm tortillas and various toppings are simply a crowd pleasure and a perfect dish whenever your friends come round.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Homemade tortilla recipe and video: http://www.homecookingadventure.com/recipes/tortilla-pinwheels
Makes about 4-5 servings
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
1 onion, cut into thin slices
1/2 tsp (1g) chilli powder
1 tbsp (14g) oil
15 mini flour tortillas (6 inch – 15 cm)
1 1/4 pounds (550g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
2 tbsp fresh cilantro/parsley, chopped
2 tbsp (28g) olive oil
1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
1/2 tsp (1g) chili powder
1/2 tsp (1g) smoked paprika
1/2 tsp (2g) salt
1/2 tsp (1g) garlic powder
1/2 tsp (1g) ground cumin
1 tbsp (15ml) lime juice
guacamole or avocado slices
1. In a large bowl add all the chicken marinade ingredients and mix to combine. Add chicken slices and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 30 minutes up to 1 hr.
2. Heat a large 12 inch (30cm) iron cast skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp oil.
3. Add onion and peppers, chilli powder and salt and saute for 6-7 minutes until softened , stirring occasionally. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add marinated chicken into the hot skillet and cook until no longer pink and cooked through, for about 4 minutes.
5. Add sauteed onions and peppers into the skillet and cook 1 minute more to heat through.
6. Serve immediately with warm tortillas (I’ve used homemade 6 inch (15 cm) flour tortillas), your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Background music: https://bit.ly/2GQCRdp.
Winoa by Garrett Bevins – Winoa