Nutella Banana Hand Pies – with an irresistible flavored filling, crunchy hazelnuts and a flaky buttery pie crust these hand pies are really out of this world.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes 15 hand pies
1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
1 tsp (5g) sugar
4 tbsp (60ml) ice cold water
1/4 cup (25g) toasted hazelnuts, chopped
1 small banana, thinly sliced
1/2 cup (150g) Nutella
1. Prepare the pie dough. In a medium bowl whisk flour with salt and sugar. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add water and stir until incorporated.
2. Wrap in plastic wrap, shape into a disk and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside until ready to use.
4. On a floured surface roll dough to 1/8 inch (3mm) thick. Cut out out 3 1/2 inch (9 cm) circles. Re-roll remaining dough and cut into circles until you run out of dough.
5. Place about 1 tsp nutella on one half of the circle and top with chopped hazelnuts and a slice of banana. Brush the edges of the circle with beaten egg and fold the dough over the filling to create a semi-circle. Use a fork to press the edges together to seal.
6. Place the pies on the prepared baking tray. Brush the top of each pie with beaten egg and sprinkle the top with brown sugar.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Background music: DuDa by Ian Post (Gran Torino) Artlist