Mushroom Egg Galette
Mushroom Egg Galette is a comforting dish full of flavor and color perfect for any time of the day. Rustic galettes are the perfect choice for whenever you need a quick impressive dish either savory or sweet.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes 4 servings
1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
4 tbsp (60ml) ice cold water
1 pound (500g) mushrooms, sliced
2 onions, sliced
2-3 cloves garlic
3 tbsp (42ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
1 cup (100g) gruyere cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 small eggs
For brushing (optional)
1 egg, beaten
1. Prepare the crust. In a medium bowl whisk flour with salt. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add water and stir until incorporated.
2. Divide the dough in 4 pieces and wrap in plastic wrap, shape into disks and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile prepare the filling. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
4. Add mushrooms and cook with the onion for about 10-15 minutes stirring frequently.
5. Add soy sauce, salt, pepper and thyme and cook another 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
7. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
8. On a lightly floured surface roll each piece of dough into a 8 inch (20cm) circle.
9. Place each onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
10. Spread cheese over each dough leaving about ½ inch (2cm) around the edge.
11. Spread mushroom mixture on top of cheese.
12. Fold dough over the filling. Brush with beaten egg.
13. Bake for about 20 minutes until slightly golden.
14. Remove from oven and make a well into the center of each galette.
15. Crack 4 eggs into 4 small different bowls. If eggs are too large remove some of the whites. Add an egg on each galette and bake for 10 minutes more until eggs are cooked. Garnish with fresh thyme and freshly ground black pepper and enjoy !
Background music: Good Old Days by Michael Shynes (There Goes the Devil) Artlist
I Love Us by Katrina Stone (Singles) Artlist
2 Thoughts to “Mushroom Egg Galette”
For Kings and Queens!!
Thanks for popping by my blog The Runaway Palate, and following. Your recipes look very tempting. Will definitely try them. I am following back!