I tried recreating the popular Indian street sandwich at home…
Bread Survey – https://bit.ly/2If7ScP
I would really appreciate if you guys would take a second to fill out this survey so I can serve your needs in the kitchen and make the best bread course possible! it only takes about 3 minutes and every answer helps a bunch, thanks!
SUBSCRIBE NOW: https://www.youtube.com/user/BrothersGreenEats?sub_confirmation=1
More episodes here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt_lOWx8jR_NUv2YGsUwscbv34VOGPYb3
3:47 White Bread
Recipe here https://youtu.be/y0ZTQfyXMZw?t=2m58s
4:54 Coriander & Mint Chutney
– Cilantro (handful)
– Mint (handful)
– Ginger ( 1 little chunk)
– Indian green Chilies (4)
– Garlic (1 clove)
– Lime juice (1 lime)
– Salt (1 teaspoon)
– Water (⅓ cup)
– White bread (1 slice)
1. Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend it to the consistency you prefer. If it’s too thick you can add more water to it
6:08 Masala Boiled Potatoes
– Yellow potatoes (5-8) or any potatoes of your choice
– Beets (3)
– Oil or ghee (3-4 tablespoons)
– Mustard seed (2 tablespoons)
– Cumin seed (1 tablespoon)
– Curry leave (¼ cup)
– Turmeric powder (2 teaspoons)
– Salt (to taste)
1. Add the potatoes into a pot and boil them until they are nice and tender.
2. Use the water from the boiling potatoes, and add the beet into the pot. Simmer them for an hour.
3. Start peeling off the potatoes’ skin once they are cool and smash them a little bit in a bowl.
4. Take out a pot and add in some oil or ghee and mustard seeds in a medium-low heat. (make sure the mustard seeds are not burnt)
5. After frying the mustard seeds for a couple minutes, add in cumin seeds and curry leaves. Fry them up for a couple minutes.
6. After your kitchen start smelling all the spices, add in the boiled potatoes, turmeric powder, and some salt. Mash them up and saute them a little bit. And you get this beautiful spiced potatoes!
7:46 Chaat Masala
– Amchoor powder (green mango powder)
– Tamarind powder
– Coriander seeds
– Cumin seeds
– Ajwain seeds
– Black salt
1. Add all your spices into a coffee grinder and grind that up. And you get this beautiful spice mix!
9:02 Homemade Sev
– Gram flour or chickpea flour (2-3 cups)
– Masala or curry mix (2 tablespoons)
– Turmeric powder (1 tablespoon)
– Salt (2 teaspoons)
– Water (⅓ cup)
1. Add gram flour, spice mix, turmeric powder, salt, and water into a mixing bowl, mix them up to a play-doh consistency. You don’t want it to be a firm dough!
2. Homemade contraption tool using a potato masher, watch the video at – 10:24
3. Heat up a pan with oil in it at 350°F. Add your sev dough into contraption tool and push that out nice and slowly into the heated pan.
4. Once one side is fried up, flip it over to fry the other side. Take it out once both sides are fried to golden. And you get this crunchy snack!
5. To make the Bombay sandwich, break the fried sev into tiny little pieces.
12:59 Building Sandwich
– White bread
– Herb chutney
– Masala potatoes
– Fresh veggies (cucumbers, red onions,tomatoes)
– Simmered Beet
– Chaat Masala
– Cheese of choice
– Soft Butter
– Homemade sev
#bombaysandwich #sandwichseries #brothersgreeneats
Follow Brothers Green Eats
Brothers Green – https://www.instagram.com/brothersgreen
Josh – https://www.instagram.com/youenjoylife/
Mike – https://www.instagram.com/lifebymikeg/
Josh and Mike Greenfield make up Brothers Green Eats, a dynamic and brotherly duo that can teach anyone to cook creative and delicious food on a budget. New video every Wednesday and sometimes Friday. For more Brothers Green Eats check out http://www.brothersgreen.com/
Original Music by Matt Cherne