Flan Cake (Cream Cheese Flan with Vanilla Cake and Caramel Topping)
Flan Cake is an irresistible dessert that combines the smooth silky flan with a moist vanilla sponge cake and caramel topping.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 10-12 servings
1 cup (200g) sugar
1 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1/2 cup (120ml) milk
Cream Cheese Flan
1 package (8oz -230g) cream cheese, room temperature
4 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
1 can (14oz- 397g) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (12oz -350g) evaporated milk
1. In a small saucepan add sugar. Melt over low-medium heat until golden, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour the hot caramel into the bottom of a slightly greased 9-10 inch (23-25cm) bundt pan. Swirl the pan to spread evenly. Set aside.
2. Prepare the vanilla cake mixture.Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
3. In a medium bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
4. In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugar and mix until creamy. Incorporate eggs one at a time and add vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add flour mixture alternating with milk.
6. Pour the batter into the bundt pan over the caramel. Set aside.
7. Prepare cheesecake flan. In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Incorporate eggs one at a time, vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Mix well until combined.
8. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the vanilla cake batter into the bundt pan.
9. Place the bundt pan into a larger pan, and add boiling water halfway up the sides of the pan.
10. Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. If the top starts to golden too fast add aluminum foil on top of the cake and continue baking.
11. Remove the bundt pan from the oven and from the larger pan and let cool to room temperature.
12. Refrigerate for 4 hours or better overnight.
13. Before removing the cake from the pan place it again in a larger pan filled with hot water for easier removal.
14. Invert the cake onto a plate and serve.
Background music: Together Forever by Katrina Stone (Never Wanna Grow Up) Artlist