Fast Food Ideas You Can Make At Home
Today we have an awesome video by Tasty with 6 yummy Fast Food Ideas that you can make at home. I love fast food and always try and make my own versions when I cook. I actually make a pretty decent pizza from scratch.
So it is great to see some other alternative Fast Food Ideas that I can easily try at home. And they look absolutely
The 6 recipes are:
- Homemade Big Massive Burger
- 11 Herbs and Spices Fried Chicken
- Chinese Takeaway-style Orange Chicken
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Baked Chicken Fries (Love this!)
- Buttermilk-Fried Chicken Sandwich
So yes, all but two of the recipes uses Chicken. But that just shows you how versatile and tasty Chicken can be. And I do love Chicken, especially Fried.
Here’s the ingredients needed for the 11 Herbs & Spices Fried Chicken:
400 milliliters butter milk
8 chicken drumsticks
2 liters vegetable oil
Herbs and Spices Mix
250 grams plain flour
2 teaspoons salt
½ tablespoon thyme
½ tablespoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon celery salt
½ tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried mustard
2 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon ginger
1 tablespoon white pepper
And it is easy to make:
1. Beat the eggs into the buttermilk.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the buttermilk mixture and chill for an hour.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour with all the herbs and spices.
4. Coat the soaked chicken pieces in the herbed flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
5. Heat oil in a large sauce pan to 170°C/325˚F, then turn to low heat.
6. Fry the chicken in batches for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the skins turn golden brown.
7. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Doesn’t it just sound absolutely delicious?
Watch the video to see how to make these recipes yourself.
12 Thoughts to “Fast Food Ideas You Can Make At Home”
Can’t wait to try them all. Thanks ❤
Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog. An interesting post.
I definitely want to try the chicken fries!
[…] Fast Food Ideas You Can Make At Home — YummyHood […]
Oh wow! this looks amazing. I love your blog!
Honestly, I want to like fast food, and have eaten it my entire life, but if I can make anything at home, it’s naturally going to be better just because it’s not fast food. These recipes are awesome, thanks for sharing. I can’t wait to try them, too.
Simple, clear and informative. Well written 🙂
These fast food recipes are great and I was able to learn how to make them very quickly.