Crème Brûlée Recipe
You can hardly beat a classic Crème Brûlée during the summer. It’s creamy, elegant, refreshing and the crispy caramelized crust on top is simply divine.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes 4 servings
6 egg yolks, room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 1/2 tsp (7g) vanilla extract
2 cups (500g) whipping cream (35% fat)
4 tbsp (60g) sugar, for caramelizing the top
1. Preheat oven to 300F (150C).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with sugar and vanilla until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored.
3. Place the cream into a saucepan and heat until just begins to boil at the edges. Pour little at a time over egg yolks mixture while stirring continuously.
4. Place 4 (8oz-220g) ramekins into a larger pan. For easier pouring transfer the mixture into a pitcher. Pour the mixture evenly into the ramekins. Place on the even rack and pour hot water into the pan until halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
5. Bake for about 30-35 minutes until set and trembling into the center.
6. Remove the ramekins from the hot water and let cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
7. Before serving spread 1 tbsp (15g) sugar on top of each ramekin. Use a torch to melt the sugar and create a crispy crust.
8. Let it set for about 5 minutes before serving.
Background music http://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/paris-dreamer_51669?st=quicksearch&ref=french%20accordion
2 Thoughts to “Crème Brûlée Recipe”
Oh that looks divine!
Thanks for visiting and following my blog which led me to some of your delicious recipes. Crème Brûlée is a favorite!