Chocolate Tart – Tarte au Chocolat
Chocolate Tart – Tarte au Chocolat – is another chocolate French recipe that is really delightful and satisfying. It is a real Tarte au Chocolat, made with a homemade buttery crust (pate sablee) and a chocolate, cream and eggs filling.
Music from Artlist.io – http://bit.ly/2GQCRdp. Title: “Waiting for the Storm to Break”. Artist: Josh Fuhrmeister
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 6 servings
1 stick (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
1 tbsp (15ml) milk
7 oz (200g) semisweet chocolate 55-70%
2/3 cup (160g) whipping cream
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
2 small eggs
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp (30g) sugar
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1.Prepare the crust, in this case pate sablee. In a large bowl mix butter with powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and continue mixing until well combined and creamy.
3. In a medium bowl whisk flour with ground almonds and salt and add to butter mixture.
4. Use a wooden spoon to incorporate the flour mixture into the butter until combined. Make sure you don’t overwork the dough.
5. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap, form into a disc and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
7. Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap until it’s about 12in (30cm) in diameter.
8. Press the dough onto the bottom and edges of a 8- 9 inch (20-23cm) tart pan. Cut the excess dough.
9. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before baking.
10. Prick the dough with a fork, line a parchment paper over the dough. Fill with dry beans, rice or pie weights.
11. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool before filling.
12. Reduce oven temperature to 325F (160C).
13. Prepare the filling. In a medium saucepan bring the cream and milk to a simmer over medium-low heat (Do not boil).
14. Remove from heat and add the chocolate cut in smaller pieces. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar and vanilla and stir to combine. Add eggs one at a time and whisk to combine.
15. Pour the chocolate filling over the cooled crust and bake for 20 minutes.
16. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate the tart for at least 2 hours.
17. Decorate as desired and cut slices using a hot knife.